lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter Carlson <>
Subject Re: SearchBean Persistence
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 15:29:29 GMT
Hi Terry,

The way I was hoping it would work is to call static method

SortedField.addField([field name],[indexPath]);

In a init servlet at startup (there is a sample servlet in the servelet
directory of the SearchBean contribution).

Then we you want to sort by that field call the static method

Which will return the precreated sorted field if it exists.

Again, I'm sorry I didn't yet have time to fully test this, but this is the
way it SHOULD work. If it doesn't work that way please let me know and I'll
look at it.

On 7/3/02 7:22 AM, "Terry Steichen" <> wrote:

> I'm using Peter's SearchBean code to sort search results.  It works fine, but
> it creates the sorting field array from scratch with every invocation (which
> takes on the order of a second or so to complete - each search itself takes
> about one tenth of that or less).  While I can conduct several searches in the
> same module, I can't figure out how to persist the sorting field array between
> invocations of the search module.
> Any advice on how to do this would be much appreciated.
> Regards,
> Terry

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>