lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Samir Satam" <ssa...@copyright.com>
Subject LIFO or FIFO??
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 16:03:23 GMT
Hello,
I am new to Lucene, and during my development, I observed that...

the articles indexed last were the articles that were returned first, in the results. As if
the index was a LIFO. Now this is perfectly acceptable as long as we need to get the latest
documents. (articles on WSJ published today were indexed today, nad hence are more recent
and more relevant). But I also have to index the older articles.  So, I have 2 questions...
1. Is my observation correct?
2. I was wondering if anybody had similar problems, and how did they fix it?

thanks
Samir