lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Halácsy Péter <halacsy.pe...@axelero.com>
Subject RE: CachedSearcher
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 23:05:31 GMT

I think your are right: using finalize method to release a resource has no measurable impact
on garbage collector performance.

But if the jvm has no time to run the garbage collector than the finalize method won't be
called  --> too many file opened exception (it is the limit of the OS not of the jvm)

I'm not sure that all jvm's garbage collector runs as soon as possible.

peter