lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Pradeep Kumar K <prade...@robosoftin.com>
Subject Tokenization
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 06:39:24 GMT

Hi All

In Lucene the tokenization of Sentences is happening word wise not
letter wise, So when we search for a letter which contained in a
sentence it will search for a word like the like the letter we entered.
Example :  sentence "life is a big stage where we are actors" If I
search for life or any other word lucene seems to be returning correct
results. But if I search for  "l" or 's' it will return no results.

I am not sure whether there are any methods which tokenizes the sentence
into letters. If  anybody knows please put it in the mailing list

Best wishes
Pradeep