lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jon Wasson <jonrwas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Field.Unstored vs. Field.Text
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:01:22 GMT
 Will using Field.UnStored(String name, String value) produce approximately the same size index
as if you used Field.Text(String name, Reader value)?
My originial implentation of the Lucene Indexer used Field.Text(some_string,some_reader) and
parsed the html body content on the fly, as per the example IndexHTML file. Now I supply the
pre-parsed content as a string from an xml file and use the Field.Unstored(some_string,some_other_string).
Unfortunately, it seems as though my index size has gone from a meager 60MB to a whopping
900MB. Any suggestions as to what may be causing this? Am indexing around 60k files.

Thanks!

jw