lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hanging problem
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2002 14:41:31 GMT
My guess is that it is more likely that the problem is caused by a
buggy JVM than by (incorrect usage of) Lucene.
You can try adding logging to your code to see where things hang; you
can change the start and maximum heap size using java's command line
options; you can try the latest JVM (1.4.1 from Sun came out about 10
days ago); you can try using the debugger.  If this is a webapp you can
try using something like JMeter to simulate high query rates to
replicate the problem and debug things quicker.

Otis