lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Darran Shepherd" <dar...@egatesolutions.co.uk>
Subject RE: exception with parse & quote
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 16:26:59 GMT
Don't you need three \ characters to get Lucene to escape it.  With only
one \ you are just escaping the " so that Java doesn't see it as closing
the string literal:

String s = "9\" Speaker";     // 9" Speaker  - Lucene thinks it starts a
phrase
String s = "9\\\" Speaker";   // 9\" Speaker - The " is escaped when
passed to Lucene

Darran