lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ronald Muller" <rk.mul...@12move.nl>
Subject JavaCC / building StandardTokenizer
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:47:03 GMT
Please can someone explain me:

1) Why is org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.ParseException.java included

     in the source files? This file is generated by JavaCC!

2) Why is this file deleted after it is generated by JavaCC in build.xml?

3) When I compile the JavaCC generated files, I get this error:

     [javac]
...\org\apache\lucene\analysis\standard\StandardTokenizer.java:26:

            next() in org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardTokenizer

           cannot override next() in org.apache.lucene.analysis.TokenStream;

           overridden method does not throw
org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.ParseException

     [javac]   final public org.apache.lucene.analysis.Token next() throws
ParseException, IOException {

     [javac]                                                 ^

     The "throws ParseExeption" clause is added by JavaCC, because it is not

     specified in StandardTokenizer.jj?

(I am using Lucene 1.2 final)

Thanks,

Ronald