lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Harpreet S Walia" <harpr...@sansuisoftware.com>
Subject Replication of indexes
Date Sun, 14 Jul 2002 23:39:04 GMT
Hello Everybody,

I have a requirement where i need to replicate the index files generated by lucene to another
server at a remote location.
What i have observed is that lucene keeps on changing file names for the index files  . does
it follow any speific pattern in doing this ?
Is anybody doing something like this ?

>From what i understand it will be best if i optimize the index before i replicate it and
also make a local copy so that the index is not
updated while it is being replicated. What other issues can be there if i try something like
this .

TIA

Regards
Harpreet