lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Thierry Thelliez" <thell...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: Fields support
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:32:40 GMT
Ok, I think that the file HTMLDocument.java answered some of my
questions (and misunderstandings). Still I don't have really see how
dates are handled. In a recent post someone mentioned some problems with
DateFilter. What is the status of that? Is rangeQuery the way to go for
date interval queries?

Thanks,
Thierry

-----Original Message-----
From: Thierry Thelliez [mailto:thelliez@earthlink.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 9:43 AM
To: 'Lucene Users List'
Subject: Fields support

I spent some time browsing the archive and the documentation but I could
not find a real explanation of field support in Lucene (if I missed a
document please let me know).

I need to be able to search documents based on their content and on
their creation date. I was then thinking of using a field for the date
but how does one do that?

Assuming that the document is a txt or html file, do I have to add
something like:
‘<creationDate>07/24/02</creationDate>’
in the document itself, or is there another place to store this meta
information?

(BTW, our creationDate is not the physical file creation date).

And then how do I build my query to search for a particular day, a
particular day range (I say some posts proposing to use a rangeQuery but
how this ties to my creationDate?).

Thanks,
Thierry

For additional commands, e-mail: