lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Joshua O'Madadhain <jmad...@cse1k.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: Combining queries using OR
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2002 06:02:07 GMT
On Sun, 9 Jun 2002, Pradeep Kumar K wrote:

>    How to combine more  queries using 'OR' operator. For example
>
> Two queries are
>
>   Query quer1=QueryParser.parse(String query1,String field1,analyzer)
>   Query quer2=QueryParser.parse(String query2,String field2,analyzer)
>
> How can I combine these two queries using 'OR' operator i.e. ultimately
> query should be one like
>
> quer1 OR quer2

Take a look at BooleanQuery.  You want to add quer1 and quer2 to a
BooleanQuery such that each is neither prohibited nor required (this will
make more sense once you see the interface).

Regards,

Joshua O'Madadhain

  jmadden@ics.uci.edu....Obscurium Per Obscurius....www.ics.uci.edu/~jmadden
It's that moment of dawning comprehension that I live for.  -- Bill Watterson