lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Robert A. Decker" <>
Subject Re: QueryParser query inside a Boolean query?
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 20:50:34 GMT
I've narrowed my problem a bit, but I'm still not sure why it's behaving
this way.

It seems that if I call QueryParser like:
Query query = QueryParser.parse(value, fieldName, fragmentAnalyzer);
and fragmentAnalyzer is my analyzer to be run on the value.

In this case, 'OxyMed' is changed to 'oxym', which is correct based on my

However, if I call with:
(other values are the same)

Then my analyzer is never used by the QueryParser on my value! In this
case, 'OxyM*' should be converted to 'oxym*'. Instead, QueryParser gives
me a PrefixQuery immediately, without ever running against my analyzer.

How can I get the QueryParser to use my analyzer when I'm including
wildcards in the search strings?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message