lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From jeff.wa...@ni.com
Subject ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in IndexHTML demo
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 22:26:04 GMT
I am working my way through the examples in the Getting Started
documentation, and I have run into a problem with the Web demo program.

When I run the following command

java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index {index} ..

I receive the following messages:

adding ./jsp/cal/Entries.txt
 caught a class java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException with message:
null
Dumping live threads:
 'Thread-0" tid 0x82bc010 ...

Regardless of the starting directory (.. in this case), the indexer appears
to find the first file and then catch the Array Index Exception after that.

I am able to run the other demo (IndexFiles) without any problems, and the
lucene jar and lucene demo jar are both in my CLASSPATH.

I would appreciate any help you could offer.

Jeff