lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Chew" <keith.c...@jungledrum.co.nz>
Subject RE: multiple clients?
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 00:20:13 GMT

I found a SQLDirectory class from the mailing list. This will solve the
distributed problem, but it is reliable and fast?

Anyone has any feedback on using RDBMS instead of the file system?

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Otis Gospodnetic [mailto:otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, 17 June 2002 10:03 a.m.
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: multiple clients?

Hello,

There is currenly no support for remote index searching, although you
will find some notes about it in Lucene (-user or -dev) mailing list
archives.  I think the keyword to use in the search could be
'distributed' in the subject line - see http://nagoya.apache.org/.

I had a similar setup at the previous employer.  I simply distributed
the index directory and its content to remote servers running Resin
using sdist/rsync.  It worked pretty well, as the IndexSearcher
instance was able to tell when the index was updated and do what it
needed to do in that scenario.

Otis