lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nader S. Henein" <...@bayt.net>
Subject RE: Updating Documents in the index
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 04:39:05 GMT
As their is no update in lucene, this is exactly what you need to do,
and I would advise you to batch your update and optimize after you update,
because the number of files baloon if you don't

-----Original Message-----
From: Harpreet S Walia [mailto:harpreet@sansuisoftware.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 8:26 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Updating Documents in the index

Hi,

My application needs to provide a feature for updating documents in the
I am thinking of doing this by deleting the original document and indexing
the updated one again , I think this is possible using the delete methods in
the IndexReader class .

Is there some other better way to achieve this with lucene .

Thanks and Regards
Harpreet