lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nader S. Henein" <...@bayt.net>
Subject RE: Stress Testing Lucene
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 04:44:51 GMT
I rebooted my machine and still the same issue .. if I know
what caused that to happen, I would be able to solve it with
some source tweaking, and it's not the files handles on the machine I
got over that problem months ago. Let's consider worst case scenario and
that
corruption did occur what could be the reasons, I'm goig to need some
insider
help to get through this one.

N.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Ganyo [mailto:scott.ganyo@eTapestry.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 7:15 PM
To: 'Lucene Users List'
Subject: RE: Stress Testing Lucene

1) Are you sure that the index is corrupted?  Maybe the file handles just
haven't been released yet.  Did you try to reboot and try again?

2) To avoid the too-many files problem: a) increase the system file handle
limits, b) make sure that you reuse IndexReaders as much as you can rather
across requests and client rather than opening and closing them.