lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anders Nielsen <and...@visator.com>
Subject RE: Indexing Problem
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:33:17 GMT
Or, it could be because you have to set a higher value on maxFieldLength in
the IndexWriter you use.

>From the javadoc (IndexWriter):

"public int maxFieldLength

The maximum number of terms that will be indexed for a single field in a
document. This limits the amount of memory required for indexing, so that
collections with very large files will not crash the indexing process by
running out of memory.

By default, no more than 10,000 terms will be indexed for a field."

Venlig hilsen / Best regards

Anders Nielsen
Adm. direktør

Visator ApS