lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From petite_abeille <petite_abei...@mac.com>
Subject [OT] Zoe open source
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 09:54:25 GMT
Hello,

I'm releasing Zoe under the Apple Public Source License and putting
together a SourceForge project to coordinate the future development of
Zoe. Our plan is to choose a handful of experienced developers to form
the core development team for Zoe. Anyone is free to contribute code
which members of the development team will review add back into the
codebase. Over time we will invite developers who have demonstrated
their interest and abilities to join our core team. We'll keep the
mailing lists public and encourage everyone to sign up and throw in any
comments they may have. There has been a tremendous amount of interest
in having Zoe released as an open source project and we think that this
will be the best way to manage all the different voices.

Right now we need to know which of you are interested in contributing
code to Zoe and how interested you are. If you are interested in being
on the core team of developers and helping zoe become the best e-mail
client out there, we want to hear from you. Members of the core team
will be expected to watch the mailing lists,  regularly contribute to
the codebase, and review and integrate contributions by other
developers. If you would like to be considered as a member of the core
team we would like you to e-mail a resume, if you have one, some code
snippets, and a note letting us know what you are interested in doing
with zoe.  i.e is there a particular set of tools you would like to
implement, or enhance. Email these to Kate at masukomi@masukomi.org. She
will be helping me out and coordinating the SourceForge project for zoe.

Thanks.

PA.