lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "none none" <kor...@lycos.com>
Subject RE: Creating indexes
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:49:14 GMT
 ok, let's reorganize:

1.You know how to split the file.
2.If your files is like 40 mb and you do not have to index a big number you can "store" your
"sub_document" in the index, take a look at the class Document -> the body field should
be: Indexed, Tokenized, Stored.
3.A stored field can be loaded just retriving the Document from the Hits and getting the field
value.
4.If you don't like the point 3, you can also store in you file system your "sub_documents",
i suggest this solution: when you parse the big file , split it into little files and save
them as [keyword].txt, into your a common folder with name [big file name], e.g:
/[big file name]/__10001__txt.
5.Run the index on that files.
6.add a keyword to reconize the "big file name", so add the folder name as a keyword: indexed,stored,not
tokenized.
7.run your query as you want and if you need to search just on a particular big file, just
run a query using the MultiFieldQueryParser.java and set the key folder to your preferred
big_file_name.
8.If you want highlight your document do a search on that mailing list "highlight" and you'll
find something.

Is that ok?
ciao.