lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter Carlson <carl...@bookandhammer.com>
Subject Re: Within Search
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2002 23:02:18 GMT
This is a bit more complicated.

We have had this discussion a while ago about having a NEAR operator. The
queryParser.jj of how to do this in the developer mailling list.

The problem is that the solution is not generic. That is what if the term is
a wildcard or a more complicated sub query (a query in parentheses).

For example
(a AND b) w/ c

This type of query is not supported by the Lucene Slop factor. That's why
it's not support in Lucene as part of the general QueryParser.

If you are willing to live with these limitations, the queryParser.jj with
the NEAR operator should work.

--Peter