lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter Carlson <carl...@bookandhammer.com>
Subject Re: Optimization
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 14:39:39 GMT
If you watch what's going on in the index folder (if you are using an
FSDirectory), you will see that Lucene actually creates a brand new set of
index files with a different prefix (like current set is 2411_... And new
set is 2412_...). The current index files still exist until the new index is
fully created.

If you take a backup in the middle of optimization, I am pretty sure that
you will get the uncompleted state of the new index. This means that the new
index will not be consistent, but the current index will fine.

--Peter