lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From James Ricci <ja...@riccinursery.com>
Subject RE: Boolean Query + Memory Monster
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 15:54:32 GMT
Nader,

I drew the same conclusion upon looking at the code, though we are only now
testing Lucene with large files. Much of the Lucene high level code appears
to me to be very brute force. I see the same problems with Filters. At the
company I'm working for, we're looking at re-implementing much of this code
to make it more efficient.

James

-----Original Message-----
From: Nader S. Henein [mailto:nsh@bayt.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 1:20 PM
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Boolean Query + Memory Monster

I have 1 Geg of memory on the machine with the application
when I use a normal query it goes well, but when I use a range
query it sucks the memory out of the machine and throws a servlet
out of memory error,
I have 80 000 records in the index and it's 43 MB large

anything people ?

Nader S. Henein
Bayt.com , Dubai Internet City
Tel. +9714 3911900