lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From DMGoodst...@lbl.gov
Subject status of "?" wildcard queries in rc5
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 19:24:10 GMT
I've searched the mail archive and I'm still a bit confused as to the
current status of "?" wildcard queries.  My experience, using
lucene-1.2-RC5, is that "?" wildcard queries are unsupported using the
StandardAnalyzer or SimpleAnalyzer.

For example, the following search on two fields (go_id and go_desc)
(using StandardAnalyzer for indexing and searching):

%java Search ./index "+go_id:5737 +go_desc:biosynthesis"
Result:
go_id:4853, 6783, 5737
go_desc:uroporphyrinogen decarboxylase, heme biosynthesis, cytoplasm
Score: 1.0

using "*" wildcard:
%java Search ./index "+go_id:5737 +go_desc:biosynth*sis"
Result:
go_id:4853, 6783, 5737
go_desc:uroporphyrinogen decarboxylase, heme biosynthesis, cytoplasm
Score: 1.0

using "?" wildcard:
%java Search ./index "+go_id:5737 +go_desc:biosynth?sis"
Noresults

Is this the expected behavior for RC5, a reported bug, or an unreported bug?

thanks,
--David M. Goodstein