lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Øie <k...@gan.no>
Subject Re: Peculiar Behavior with Field queries
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:16:23 GMT
one of the reasons to use stopwords is to reduce indexsize, so an analyzer
that doesnt stop words, but stop you from searching on them would give the
worst of both worlds i think... if size reduction is the reason for wanting
stopwords it is somewhat contradicting the idea of phase searches...

if you accepts som losses a phases search could still be usefull if the query
also are passed into the same stopanalyzer.

orgtxt : "nearly all the kings men" stripped for the stopword "the" and "all"
would perhaps still match a phrase search for "nearly all the kings" if the
samewords was stripped out of the query as well... i havent tested but it
sounds logical....

mvh karl øie