lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: multiple clients?
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2002 22:03:28 GMT
Hello,

There is currenly no support for remote index searching, although you
will find some notes about it in Lucene (-user or -dev) mailing list
archives.  I think the keyword to use in the search could be
'distributed' in the subject line - see http://nagoya.apache.org/.

I had a similar setup at the previous employer.  I simply distributed
the index directory and its content to remote servers running Resin
using sdist/rsync.  It worked pretty well, as the IndexSearcher
instance was able to tell when the index was updated and do what it
needed to do in that scenario.

Otis