lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How does simple analyser work
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:51:25 GMT

--- Harpreet S Walia <harpreet@sansuisoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any resources available which explain how the simple
> analyser processes the data given to it .
> what i want to know is that suppose i have a set of words , what
> exact rules are applied to tokenize and index these words and how can
> i customize them.
>
> My requirement is that the words be broken only by spaces and not at
> any other character . I understand that this can be done by writing
> a parser in JAVACC . but is there any simpler way of achieving this .

Actually, this can be done by writing your own custom Analyzer.
Check this:
./org/apache/lucene/analysis/standard/StandardAnalyzer.java
./org/apache/lucene/analysis/Analyzer.java
./org/apache/lucene/analysis/de/GermanAnalyzer.java
./org/apache/lucene/analysis/SimpleAnalyzer.java
./org/apache/lucene/analysis/StopAnalyzer.java
./org/apache/lucene/analysis/WhitespaceAnalyzer.java

Maybe this last one is what you are looking for.

Otis