lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Document Object
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 17:07:51 GMT
As far as I know there is no generic way to do that.
You can parse the String in your application, form Fields, add them to
a Document, and there you go, but there is nothing generic.  Besides
field names and values, your String would also have to contain meta
data about each field, whether it is to be indexed, unindexed,
tokenized or not tokenized, etc.
e.g.
"field1:value1<Keyword>, field2:value2<UnStored>"

Maybe there are better approaches.  This is just the first thing that
came to mind.

Good luck, and if you implement something generic please contribute it
to the project.

Thanks,
Otis