lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Terry Steichen" <te...@net-frame.com>
Subject Peculiar Behavior with Field queries
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2002 23:00:22 GMT
Hello,

I'm using Lucene (1.2RC5) and, when indexing, I include a field called "headline" using the
following line of code in the document I create to use for indexing:

      addField("headline", root.elementText("headline"), true, true, true, doc);

When I search on headline:term1, it works just fine.  But I've noticed that if I query using,
for example,

        headline:"on the job"

I will get returned all items that have the term 'job' in their headline.

I presume I've overlooked something and would appreciate any suggestions on what that might
be.

Regards,

Terry Steichen