lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "AJIT RAJWADE" <ajit.rajw...@veritas.com>
Subject Case Sensitive and Insensitive Searches BOTH needed
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:46:03 GMT
Hello,

An application I am building requires me to perform both case sensitive as well as case insensitive
searches on the fly. I mean while searching for a particular word/phrase in my application,
the user has the option to have the results sensitive or in-sensitive to case, depending upon
the state of a checkbox. What can I do to get around this problem?

If I use StandardAnalyzer, it uses the LowerCaseFilter...so the results are all case-insensitive.
If I modify the StandardAnalyzer code to remove the LowerCaseFilter, I get all case sensitive
results! What should I do?

Thanks,
Ajit