lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Sibert" <chrissib...@attbi.com>
Subject Creating indexes
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 06:26:58 GMT
I have a big ( 40 MB or so) file to index. The file contains a whole bunch
of documents, which are each pretty small, about a few typewritten pages
long. There's a title, date, and author for each document, in addition to
the documents' actual text.

I'm not quite sure how you index this in Lucene. For each document in the
original file, I assume that I create a separate Lucene Document object in
the index with author, date, title, and text fields. If so, my question is
that when I'm reading in the original file for indexing, does Lucene know
where each document begins and ends in the original file ? Or do I have to
write a parser or filter or something for the InputStream that's reading the
file ?

Chris Sibert