lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <>
Subject Deleting document from index
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 05:35:40 GMT

I had searched the archive of this list for getting more info on "How to delete a document
from the lucene index".
But most of the postings talk about IndexReader.delete(docNum). When we tried to delete a
single document entry from the index , what we found is : the whole index got deleted.

1) Can anyone help us on how we can handle this ?
2) When the search results will reflect that, the particular document which I had deleted
,is not there ?
Do I need to "optimize" the index for this ?
3) After adding few more documents to an existing index, what effect will it have on search
, if I don't optimize
the index immediately ? Will these new documents will be searchable before optimization ?

TIA & Regards,
Sun Certified Programmer for Java2 Platform
Sansui Software Pvt. Ltd. Pune , India