lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From James Rozee <r...@gdse.com>
Subject Re: 3 Times Isn't a Charm for me and Lucene
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 17:41:08 GMT
After working with Tomcat settings and my servlet some more, I finally got
it to return an exception as to why it wasn't working.  Which was:

java.io.IOException: Too many open files

This makes sense as to why the servlet wouldn't load and the page was
purely blank.  It didn't have the file handles left to open either the
template or the servlet so it croaked.  I looked through the Lucene
archives and found another message which talked about that error and how
their index may not have been optimized.  I looked and sure enough mine
wasn't and after optimizing I went to a handful of files and the servlet
works fine.  Thanks.

James