lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "none none" <kor...@lycos.com>
Subject Re: Index Persistency
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 03:24:08 GMT

--

On Thu, 30 May 2002 22:33:26
 Hyong Ko wrote:
>Do I have to reindex everything when I restart Lucene? Thanks.
As i know you don't have to reindex, you need to reindex when you want to "refresh" your documents.
Let's say:
1.You create an index.
2.Open a IndexSearcher to run search.
3.Now you can,basically, 2 things:
 a)Add or update (delete+add) documents: in this case you can just optimize the index but
is not mandatory (the IndexSearcher will be an instance of SegmentReader or SegmentsReader)
 b)Rebuild the index if you thing a lot of document should be updated
 something like 60-70% of documents have been updated.
Take a look at the IndexAccessManager, just run a search in the mailing list.

bye.