lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Stephen.Gask...@symbian.com
Subject Lucene Index File Names
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 10:18:19 GMT
Can anyone give me some guidance on the following issue?

I'm using Lucene to provide search facilities over fixed sets of HTML
documentation. As part of our build process, each night the HTML
documentation is created, and afterwards the Lucene index files generated.
This files are then automatically put into our product and are ready to
deliver the next day. The problem is that the files that Lucene creates
that represent the search index are named in a seemingly arbitrary way
that changes each time the index is created. This causes problems for the
automatic creation of our product because our build system needs to know
the names of the files in advance.

For example, on the first night these files are created:

5l3.xxx

whereas on the second night, the files might have this name:

5kr.xxx

Can these names be fixed, or can someone tell me the naming conventions
involved?

I've noticed that if I rename the index files the search no longer works.
Can this be tweaked somehow?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Stephen Gaskell

Symbian Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 01796587 and
registered office at 19 Harcourt Street, London, W1H 4HF, UK.
This message is intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or
confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy
or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please notify
postmaster@symbian.com and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it immediately.
Symbian does not accept liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or
viruses occuring to this message in transit or for any message sent by its employees which
is not in compliance with Symbian corporate policy.