lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Landon Cox" <l...@interactive-media.com>
Subject QueryParser question - case-sensitivity
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 16:52:28 GMT

I have a QueryParser/Query question.  These classes (not sure which) is
apparently converting my term values into lowercase even though Term's
values are by default case-sensitive.  I've got non-word text, id's, that
are case sensitive and stored/indexed that way, but query parser is not
respecting my case sensitive search criterion.

For example, I create a query string:

id:"templatedata/f2container/data/Course1102043194747042"

and pass this to the QueryParser.parse() method.  When I dump the Query with
toString() I get:

+id:templatedata/f2container/data/course1102043194747042

Naturally, this query fails as I'm expecting a hit on the id with the
uppercase C.  If I create and index an id all lower case, then the query
succeeds.  Case-sensitivity is important to maintain for querying this
element, especially using it once the hit occurs.

How do I coerce QueryParser/Query to not 'tolower' my query string? or is
there an alternate method that's more direct which takes my query string
with no modification?