lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nader S. Henein" <...@bayt.net>
Subject Wilcard Search Issues
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 06:21:48 GMT

I'm using the new Lucene 1.5 release and I remember a message
in the lucene-user mailing list that talked about a wildcard issue that
if you search something like this:

			<resloc>CCsa</resloc>

using the following query string : resloc:CCsa*
it will yield no results, and them there was a reply saying that the issue
has
been resolved in the nightly builds, this was about two weeks before rc1.5
(witch I'm using)
and according the rc1.5 mailer that went out wildcard issues where hammered
out. but I still
have this problem if I search using "resloc:CCsa" I get 5 results but when I
add the star sign to
the right-hand side of the query string like so "resloc:CCsa*" I get no
results.

Anyone care to shed some light on this issue ?

Nader S. Henein
Bayt.com , Dubai Internet City
Tel. +9714 3911900
Fax. +9714 3911915