lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Fanny Yeung" <toff...@hotmail.com>
Subject Search on XML files
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 12:48:50 GMT
Hi,

Does anyone know how to make up the query for multiple fields search on XML
files in the sample provided by isogen? Does it support?

I would like to get all the results which contain the value of 'Australia'
in tag 'country' AND the date is '20020415' in the tag 'date'. I always get
0 hit count. Any problem of my query string?

+(Australia AND tagname:country) AND +(20020415 AND tagname:date)

1. What the query string suppose to be if I want to get records which
contain (Austalia and 20020415) or (HongKong and 20020315)?
2. What the query string suppose to be if I want to get records which
contain (Australia and 20020415) and (not (HongKong and 20020315))?

Since I am a newbie on Lucene, I am wonder whether I can use filter to
restricts the search results? In my case, I need to retrieve all the news
between a date range (for example, 20020102 to 20020330). In addition, the
result should only contains those news that have been subscribed  . Should I
use filter to filter out the unsubscribed news? Or I should make up a query
string to include those subscribed news? Which approach is better in terms
of performance?

Thanks in advance.

Fanny