lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "none none" <>
Subject Re: Any one used websearch - Need Help Please
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 17:50:09 GMT
i assume that you are using the one from:
and you are using and know a Tomcat.

In this case you should edit properly the websearch.xml (/WEB-INF/conf) file.
Both and /bot.jsp are there.
The reason why you cannot spide the 1st is because the url doesn't exists! try to visit the
url and see what happens.
COULD BE a Tomcat misconfiguration, try to replace the url in the folloow file  "/i2a/examples/websearch/bot.jsp"
and change the link for each file to "http://localhost:8080/websearch/i2a/examples/websearch/files/[file].jsp"

but you can just put:

and try a search.
Hope helps.

On Mon, 6 May 2002 11:16:21
 Moturu,Praveen wrote:
>Hi All, Has any one used websearch.. If so can you please help me.....
>I am trying to use the demo files.. When I do the index the demo site I am
>getting the following message and when I try the examples search form and
>enter rock or red as described I am not getting any search results...
>START CRAWLING index exists, delete all files deleting 0 records SCANNING :
>http://localhost/websearch/bot.jsp *status: bad SCANNING :
> *status:
> DONE CRAWLING links crawled
>Any help is highly appreciated