lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ian Forsyth" <...@plusfour.org>
Subject RE: Standalone Lucene server
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 21:40:30 GMT
I am working on this for a php environment. Essentially i am working to make
the lucene api accessible via command line... where results are spit out
stdout using xml

i am working at making an extensible class to index a mysql database..

the command line would looks something like..
java -cp /home/username/lucene/lucene.jar org.apache.lucene.IndexMySQL -h
[host] -u [username] -p [pass] -d [database] -T [tables] -F [fields]

java -cp /home/username/lucene/lucene.jar org.apache.lucene.SearchMySQL -h
[host] -u [username] -p [pass] -d [database] -T [tables] -F [fields] -q
[query] -s [start] -stop [stop] -resultkeys [the fields to be used in the
results]

the result of the above is a string/xml stream that is easily parsable to
show a results page..
so the xml stream would be like...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<result table="band">
<field name="bandid" type="int">30</field>
<field name="bandname"> type="varchar">Storm &amp; Stress</field>
<field name="desc" type="varchar">Like water in the city subway going into
the ocean quickly</field>
</result>

then i can build a link in php <a href="/index.php?page=band&id=30">Storm
&amp; Stress</a>

I am far from having this working.. but from what i have thus far this seems
to be the most extensible.. interms of indexing and searching outside of a
java application server environment, its just a matter of outputting your
results in stdout in some predictable format... and if you build the search
class to output xml then chances are any language you deal with you will
you'll be able to parse a proper result set easily..

Ian

For additional commands, e-mail: