lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David Smiley <dsmi...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Searching greater than/less than
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 01:54:03 GMT
Yes.  Check out how Date support is implemented.  As a quick
workaround... you could piggy-back on Lucene's existing date support
by creating a Date via milliseconds that is the number your are
trying to put in the index.

Note that internally, a bit-vector is created that is the same size
as the index which might cause performance problems depending on the
size of your index and typical queries you will have in your
environment.

~ Dave Smiley