lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter Carlson <carl...@bookandhammer.com>
Subject Re: Restrict number of hits
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 03:03:42 GMT
I think it's just the opposite.
The order is the first ones added are the first ones you get fifo.

It's not that Lucene doesn't always find all results, it just optimizes
opening the Document record for each item returned only when they are
necessary.

So you go to the last item returned using doc(indexWanted) and this will
return the document you want.

If they are at the end, this may not be optimized for getting just the
those. You'd have to look.

Either way, it should still be fast.
What is the number of documents you are looking at, and what are your
performance requirements?

--Peter