lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <...@digimem.net>
Subject Re: Wilcard Search Issues
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 10:01:17 GMT
How about if you search for "resloc:ccsa*" i.e. all lower case?

If using QueryParser.parse() with a standard analyzer the search term
does not get converted to lower case if it contains a trailing
wildcard.

Running code like this

   Query query = QueryParser.parse(s, KEYFIELD, analyzer);
   System.out.println(s + "(" + query.toString(KEYFIELD) + ")");

with s set to various values gives something like this

   CCsa  (ccsa)         // OK
   CCsa* (CCsa*)        // Suspect
   ccsa* (ccsa*)        // OK

Tested against rc5 and latest from CVS.