lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Serebrennikov <dmit...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Small indexes
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 18:56:44 GMT
MAILER-DAEMON@nagoya.betaversion.org wrote:

>>Small indexes
>>
>>"David Elworthy" <dahe@lingomotors.com>
>>
>>Thu, 23 May 2002 17:04:58 -0400
>>
>><lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>>

>>Are there are known problems with indexes over very small numbers of files? I have
a program which works fine when it is indexing plenty of documents, but when it only indexes
10 or so, all that gets created is an 8 byte segments file. I build the index in RAM, and
then merge it to disc, and I am stabilizing and optimizing in appropriate places. The exact
threshold for an index to get created seems to vary with the document size - if they are smaller
you need more of them.