lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Morten Primdahl <mor...@caput.com>
Subject Re: Locking with IndexWriter
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 00:05:39 GMT
> I modified FSDirectory as follow so it works in our environment. Please
> comment on this change and just slam me if this is blatantly against lucene
> framework :D

I'm not too familiar with the source of Lucene. But I'm pondering
your suggested solution. Wouldn't wait/notify semantics be a better
solution? Have a writer specify the max amount of time it will wait
before failing. When a writer relases a lock it should call notify();
rather than notifyAll(); in order to minimize the amount of actively
competing processes and polling.

Alternatively, you could use your routine in your bean.

BR,

Morten