lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "David Elworthy" <d...@lingomotors.com>
Subject Small indexes
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 21:04:58 GMT
Are there are known problems with indexes over very small numbers of files? I have a program
which works fine when it is indexing plenty of documents, but when it only indexes 10 or so,
all that gets created is an 8 byte segments file. I build the index in RAM, and then merge
it to disc, and I am stabilizing and optimizing in appropriate places. The exact threshold
for an index to get created seems to vary with the document size - if they are smaller you
need more of them.

It's not a big deal, as my actual document collection is not this small. I'm just curious.

-- David Elworthy