lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From petite_abeille <petite_abei...@mac.com>
Subject Re: indexing PDF files
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 14:57:46 GMT
On Friday, May 3, 2002, at 03:16 PM, Moturu,Praveen wrote:

> Can I assume none of the poeple on the lucene user group had
> implemented indexing a pdf document using lucene.

Who knows...?!? In any case, it's not public knowledge...

>  If some one has.. Please help me by providing the solution.

I use to believe in Santa Claus also... ;-)

All that said, there seems to be a real demand to do something about pdf
to text conversion (in java preferably). I'm willing to invest some time
and brain cell to nail it down, but I'm note sure where to start...

I'm aware of the PJ library, but it's really a pig as far as resources
goes. Anything else?

Any (concrete) pointer appreciated.

Thanks.

PA.