lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Brian Goetz <br...@quiotix.com>
Subject Re: query parser deafults
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 20:59:49 GMT
> I've been looking at the query parser source code and have come to a
> loose end.

Not surprising!  Many people have a hard time wrapping their head around
parsers; the logic is not straightforward.

> I'm attempting to modify the query parser so that all terms default
> to required.

First, are you sure you want to do this?  The search engine will rank
documents that contain all the terms above documents containing only some.

Anyway, what you want is to change the calls to addClause() to include
the modifier MOD_REQ; this wil make all terms required.