lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to get number of indexed documents non-programatically?
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 17:26:36 GMT
I don't think there is a human-readable file in the index that will get
you the number of indexed documents.  If you find it, let me know, I'd
like to know about it and add it to the FAQ.

This is what I get on a Linux machine using 'file' against all index
files:

otis@daemon2 0 PpcActivity$ file *
_6p.f1:    MP32, Mono
_6p.f2:    Non-ISO extended-ASCII text, with no line terminators
_6p.f3:    MP32, Mono
_6p.fdt:   data
_6p.fdx:   data
_6p.fnm:   data
_6p.frq:   data
_6p.prx:   data
_6p.tii:   data
_6p.tis:   data
deletable: ASCII text, with no line terminators
segments:  data

Otis