lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lucene with database
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 20:44:43 GMT

--- Jj Fu <Jj.Fu@compassbnk.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a way to make our web site researchable. I have
> heard a
> lot about Lucene, when I visited Jakarta site there is not much
> document
> there. I know Lucene build index in file system. But does any one has
> experience or knows how to put Lucene to work with a database? Has
> this
> topic been talked here before? Thanks.

Yes, this is a FAQ.
Go to http://www.jguru.com/faq/Lucene, search for 'database', and check
the results.
Incidentally jguru.com uses Lucene, and the results you see were
originally stored in the database.
You can also check the mailing list archives (link is on Jakarta site),
which will give you a lot of information on this subject.

Otis