lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 3 Times Isn't a Charm for me and Lucene
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 20:16:07 GMT
Uh, this is a very broad question.
A number of things could be wrong.
Look at your Tomcat log files.
Write a class that you can run from the command line, not as a servlet,
that may be easier to debug.  You can use one of the demo ones to get
started.
Log things, don't catch exceptions and ignore them, etc.
Check that your index directory exists, that it is readable by the user
doing the searchs, etc. etc.

Otis